Kalmin Oleg Vital'evich, Doctor of medical sciences, professor, head of the sub-department of human anatomy, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40, Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Koretskaya Ekaterina Aleksandrovna, Senior lecturer, sub-department of dentistry, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40, Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: Kat3974@ya.ru
Zyul'kina Larisa Alekseevna, Doctor of medical sciences, associate professor, head of the sub-department of dentistry, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40, Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. The aim of the study was to study the basic laws of variability in the dimensional characteristics of teeth in men of the first and second periods of adulthood.
Materials and methods. The object of the study was 103 males aged 22 to 60 years. The morphometric parameters of the teeth were studied: the height of the clinical crown, mesio-distal and vestibulo-lingual diameters of the crowns.
Results. According to the measurement results, the comparison of the size of the teeth of the upper and lower jaw in men, depending on age. The given morphometric parameters (height, thickness and width of the crown) are among the determining ones in functional disorders of the dentofacial system. These values characterize the area and volume of wear of hard tooth tissues.
Conclusions. The values of the mesio-distal, vestibulo-lingual diameters and the height of the clinical crown of teeth have variability depending on age. The width of the crown in the lower incisors, molars of the lower jaw significantly decreases from the first adult period to the second adult period. The thickness of the crown increases from the first adult period to the second adult period in the second premolars and molars of the upper jaw, in the first premolars and molars of the lower jaw. The height of the clinical crown decreases statistically significantly from the first adult period to the second adult period in the medial incisors of the upper jaw, the first premolars of the lower jaw and molars of the lower jaw.
1. Iordanishvili A. K., Yankovskiy V. V., Serikov A. A. Kurskiy nauchno-prakticheskiy vestnik Chelovek i ego zdorov'e [Kursk scientific and practical bulletin Man and his health]. 2014, no. 2, pp. 33–40. [In Russian]
2. Bushan M. G. Patologicheskaya stiraemost' zubov i ee oslozhneniya [Pathological a erasability of teeth and its complications]. Kishinev: Shtiintsa, 1979, 183 p. [In Russian]
3. Lee S. P., Nam S. E., Lee Y. M., Park Y. S., Hayashi K., Lee J. B. Clin Anat. 2012, vol. 25, pp. 347–358.
4. Samodin V. I. Problemy prakticheskoy stomatologii [Problems of practical dentistry]. Kiev: Zdorov'e, 1967, pp. 80–86. [In Russian]
5. Muzurova L. V., Shelud'ko S. N., Mikheeva M. V., Popova O. V., Kadykov A. L. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education]. 2017, no. 2, p. 28. [In Russian]
6. Acosta D., Porras A., Moreno F. Estomat. 2011, vol. 19 (1), pp. 14–19.
7. Lussi A. T., Carvalho S. Monogr Oral Sci. 2014, vol. 25, pp. 1–15.
8. Ganzha I. R., Modina T. N., Khamedova A. M. Retsessiya desny: diagnostika i metody lecheniya [Gingival recession: diagnosis and treatment]. Samara: OOO IPK «Sodruzhestvo », 2007, 84 p. [In Russian]
9. Kazeko L. A., Timchuk Ya. I. Retsessiya desny: metod. rekom. dlya studentov stomat. fakta [Gingival recession: methodological recommendations for students of the dental faculty]. Minsk, 1998, 21 p. [In Russian]
10. Castillo L., Castro A-M., Lerma C., Lozada D., Moreno F. Rev Estomat. 2012, vol. 20 (1), pp. 16–22.